Re: OCR

Rui Fontes

Why not send the results directly to Word?

Rui

Às 17:15 de 06/09/2020, Brian Vogel escreveu:

Rui,

          I have encountered this sort of thing when a given piece of software meant to do one thing very well, in this case OCR, gives a very primitive and half-posteriored method to do something it's not dedicated to doing.

          My solution has always been to save out the OCRed result to some file format you can open in another, dedicated editor that does work well and do the corrections there.  It's sometimes the only way I've found for dealing with this that prevents insanity (or mine, anyway).  In worst case scenarios it was a two-step process where the OCRed result went straight to PDF, and then the PDF was opened in MS-Word, which converts it to Word format as part of the open process.

          ~ Oscar Wilde