From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cearbhall O'Meadhra
Sent: Sunday, September 6, 2020 10:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR

Thanks, Rui,

Well, that is my experience too! As others have said, the whole OCR crisis has faded considerably since about ten years ago when Kurtzweil was all the rage and, indeed, was the most accessible. I think the benefit of the good OCR engines was that they included an accessible means of editing the results so that any OCR errors could be quickly cleaned up.

Nowadays, I use the Canon commercial scanner tool which simply delivers an image from the scanner into my chosen location in "My Documents". I then use the application menu to pass the image through FineReader in batch mode into Word and I have all the functionality of Word to make any changes that are needed. These steps were not so easily available in the past. This is why I find I can live with the inaccessibility of the FineReader application.

All the best,

Cearbhall

On 2020-01-08 4:43 p.m., Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:

i use abby

----- Original Message ----- From: Quentin Christensen