Re: Thunderbird announcing 0 in the message list before subject line

Gene

I said that I didn't know what the case is with apps. I don't know if accessibility is defined differently, but Thunderbird is an application, not an app.

I tried to find what the current definition of accessibility is in terms of blind people to see if their is now a distinction between applications and apps but I didn't find anything. I'm not saying you are wrong in terms of apps. I don't know. I am saying that in terms of applications, I am using the standard definition.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2020 2:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Thunderbird announcing 0 in the message list before subject line

Gene,

I'll agree with the "using simulated mouse" part, but not object navigation part. It makes no sense to separate that out from "accessible" it's just another way the keyboard is used in the current Windows ecosystem to get to things. And it's probably going to become far more common, not less, and one will look quite foolish if you insist on calling things accessed by object navigation "inaccessible."

~ Oscar Wilde