Re: OCR

Arlene

Kurzweil when I had windows 7. I haven’t installed it on my win ten laptop. Not sure what version I have. I don’t think it will work on this machine.  It did work on my win 7 box.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene
Sent: September 6, 2020 12:11 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] OCR

I haven't tried Kurzweil for many years.  If they are still updating the OCR

in the program, it should be roughly equivalent, as I found it to be in the

past.  I don't know how you might intend to use the program but it isn't

worth spending about 1,000 dollars unless you specifically intend to use

features other than the OCR in Kurzweil.  Its been a long time since I

looked at price information for Omnipage and Fine Reader but they are much

less expensive, being off the shelf programs and not having to amortize

their development costs over a very small user base.