From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 12:39 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] In-Process for 7th September is out

As far as e-speak, my favorite voice in that one is male 2.

On 9/7/2020 9:22 PM, Luke Davis wrote:
On Mon, 7 Sep 2020, Leslie wrote:

As Iʼve said before, I just love NVDA. And it has all the features I
need being an average computer user. I do think that NVDA. Should add
more of the truly great voices that are out there. I love the 1 core
voices and I also love Nuance. I think that Cortana voice is one of
the best.
Iʼd like to see
her added to NVDA. Without charge. I think the original voices that
NVDA. Had are now pasee and should be droped because their quality
isnʼt good anymore.
What do you guys think?
I think by "original voices", you mean Espeak. That being the case, I
couldn't disagree more.

Its quality may not be what you want, but Espeak, in my workflow,
sounds much better and more clear at high rates of speed than OneCore
does. Plus, One Core is just not my cup of tea. Too many pauses, and
it does weird things to some words.

How does it hurt anything to continue including Espeak? It isn't the
default, and if you don't like it, you don't have to use it.

Which is the point: different people like different things, and "most
human like" of the voice is not a quality that everyone values or
weights equally. Clarity and comprehensibility at significant rates of
speech is much more interesting to me.

Plus, I'm pretty sure eSpeak supports many more languages than most of
the higher quality voices, although I could be wrong about that by now.

Luke