Re: In-Process for 7th September is out

CARLOS-ESTEBAN <carlosestebanpianista@...>

Hi all.

I am can use the One Core voices. But in the Spanish Community the people no use the voices One Core in Spanish, for example, the dictionary of the voices in Spanish (Spain) need delete some words that is in the internal dictionary of the voice, that affect the pronunciation of some words in Spanish. In NVDA, is posible use the speech dictionaries for fixed this problem, but Microsoft can delete this words or add an option for enable o disable the dictionary for users of other applications of text to speech (in this case of Spanish).

I used Espeak all the time  from 2012 to 2016, and I can follow use it. I now also use IBM TTS. Is an add-on created by a developer of the Spanish Community, a driver for IBM TTS or Eloquence. But the add-on on GitHub only have the driver, the user need copy the libraries or go to the options of NVDA, IBM TTS and select the folder of the files. So, the driver is legally, but when the user compiled and nvda-addon with the libraries this can consider that not is legally. So, Code Factory Eloquence and Vocalizer is Good, but in the Spanish Comunity not have many users (Few people use it). In the Spanish Community is also very user Vocalizer, but some people not bull license, use a version distribute in Somme places. But the web of the Spanish Community (nvda.es) is a distributor of the Vocalizer NVDA from Tiflotecnia and more people Buy now.

Many people in the Spanish Community says that Eloquence is the better speech Synthesizer, because A lot of people don't get used to listening to Espeak NG and natural voices like One Core in navigation of Windows and applications. Also, some people have problems with the frequencies of Espeak.

One Core in Spanish is Good, but the internal dictionary need delete some words and They don't have the intonation for questions, something that in English United States voices, for example, yes have.

Regards.

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Músico (pianista) y también ayuda a usuarios ciegos y con discapacidad visual con el uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.

Experto certificado en el lector de pantalla NVDA.

Musician (pianist) and help to the blind people, with use of screen readers and technology. Certified expert in the screen reader NVDA.

NVDA certified expert certificate

De: mattias
Enviado: martes, 8 de septiembre de 2020 18:44
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: Re: [nvda] In-Process for 7th September is out

why all this glorifying for dectalk? yes it was fine for symbian. but not on windows. the sound quality are crap

Den 8 september 2020 22:19:14 skrev "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@...>:

Well I personally wouldn't bother.

The dectalk from enablerehab has a lot of volume issues.

If you want to use dectalk, buy code factory eloquence and well it will work.

That or buy a dectalk express for 600 us bucks for the usb version.

To be honest, the only reason, dectalk was actually ellivated about, old, expired and generally crappy was the archive of music and crazyness online.

Well no one writes for it anymore.

Its to old to bother with but well I guess if you want to you can.

Any version of eloquence will do.

If you are able to find a copy of window eyes there are folders to install dectalk for sapi4.

This will give you dectalk.

I don't think its worth it though.

On 9/09/2020 8:01 am, Jesse Farquharson wrote:

I desperately want to be able to use DecTalk again.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.