Re: Pressing enter starts context menu.

Quentin Christensen

Well for NVDA, if you press NVDA+Q, then down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled", that will do as the name suggests - at that point, you can try accessing links in Firefox again and if it works, you know it was one of your NVDA add-ons, and if it still doesn't work, it is something else - either NVDA, Firefox, or something else on the PC interfering.  FWIW, I have seen issues with links not working with ENTER where they work with SHIFT+ENTER, but I haven't seen enter opening the context menu before.

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 10:44 AM David Griffith <daj.griffith@...> wrote:

I cannot really tell what is happening and somebody else might have a simple answer but honestly in this situation I would simply uninstall and re-install as that is normally a lot quicker than  hours of research.

David G.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Ali Colak
Sent: 09 September 2020 16:02
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Pressing enter starts context menu.

   Hello everyone,

To somerise, I've been encountering a problem on firefox running the

latest version of NVDA where on certain pages, including the search

results page on google, where pressing enter on a link brings up the

context menu rather than actually entering it. Alt+enter works fine,

but regular enter does not on some pages.

Earlier in the morning I had tried playing arround with the mouse

settings and the regedit in order to solve another problem that I had

been having, but when the solutions for that issue didn't work I

reversed thos actions. Thats when I started having the problem. I've

tested the problem with JAWS using firefox and chrome, and with NVDA

using chrome and there was no problem, but firefox with NVDA shows the

problem.

Any ideas?

--
Quentin Christensen