Re: Entering time values on youtube website

Gene

But mentioned under what conditions? By a screen-reader? By a news broadcast, by something else? I heard about an advertising campaign where a commercial had a word that would cause a certain digital assistance to do something, but I don't recall what now. But I'm asking about screen-reader speech specifically. It may not be necessary to worry about that as a trigger. The speech may be different enough from human speech that assistants don't recognize it.

From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 2:54 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Entering time values on youtube website

I have had my alexa speaker trigger when alexa is mentioned but I always
have the microphone off when not using directly.

In fact when I am sure that I am not going to use my new dot, due to all
the spying and stuff that is rumored, I actually unplug the echo dot
from the wall.

I have a bad habbit of talking to myself, especially at night, and
especially during my sleep.

I find it good to keep my echo unplugged.

My only gripe is that some payed skill content is not available in new
zealand.

On 10/09/2020 7:43 pm, Gene wrote:
Has anyone had any digital assistant triggered by having a screen-reader say its name? I don't recall seeing any messages on the lists I follow about this. And I have a friend with an Echo who, at times when we talk and say the name of the assistant has it try to do something or say she can't find something, but only when she says the name. We did an experiment and when I, on her speaker phone, say the name, there is no response.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 11:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

It's a "wow in the world" reference. If anyone is interested just consult zootle for more.

Glad the tip helped. You can do so much with that url. I even know someone who changed the format, time, speed I think. I'm not really sure what else.

On 9 Sep 2020, at 15:38, JM Casey wrote:

Thank you Sarah. Definitely more than apparent under youtube’s hood. Also zootle made me chuckle. And I’m weird so I now had to check to see if that’s a website. Nope..ah well!