Re: Update on previously mentioned issue with single-letternavigation

Gene

I just checked this. NVDA is set not to announce quick navigation keys when in browse mode. I tried many, h for move by heading, b for button, x for check box and r for radio button. None were spoken.

However, in the case of the person with the problem, since turning off speak typed carachters stopped the lag, it raises the question as to whether in her case, something is being generated that shouldn't be. I would think a log would be important.

From: Chris Mullins
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 4:28 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Update on previously mentioned issue with single-letternavigation

Hi

With “Speak Typed Characters” set to on NVDA has to announce the letter pressed first then the name of the object to which

focus has moved and the delay between the 2 announcements is understandable as it makes them distinct. The delay between the 2 announcements is arguably a little longer than necessary but as to whether this could be shortened programmatically or even made dynamically adjustable is something only the developers would know.

Cheers

Chris