Re: Update on previously mentioned issue with single-letternavigation

Gene

I read the message again and I see it discusses the desktop and not quick navigation commands in browse mode. I also checked and I see that when moving by letter on the desktop, letters are announced. So, somehow, that may be related to the problem.

I think of single letter navigation as what is used as quick navigation commands on web pages and I didn't realize the message was talking about the desktop. When navigating on the desktop or other lists, the term usually used is first letter navigation, and not seeing it and seeing the other caused me to misread the message.

From: Luke Davis
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2020 7:05 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io Subject: Re: [nvda] Update on previously mentioned issue with single-letternavigation

Quentin, Gene, et al

I will point out, that in her original message, she did mention the desktop.

That suggests to me that she is using the letters in question to jump to icons
on the desktop. Nothing was said about browse mode shortcuts in her message,
although all commenters so far seem to have taken it that way.

Luke