Re: Entering time values on youtube website

JM Casey

Zootle, the Greatest Oracle of them all..Hail Zootle!

Incidentally I don’t have any of these devices you mentioned in your amusing anecdotes – my Android phone does not seem to respond to screen-reader voice when it’s in touch withZootle to assist with dictation, but periodically when I lose internet connection and the phone doesn’t realise it has no access, it still tries to understand dictation but becomes incredibly dumb, pickingup all sorts of sounds and trying to make sense of them and doing a really bad job.  It needs the power of its master Zootle in order to adopt semblence of intelligence…

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: September 10, 2020 12:37 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Entering time values on youtube website

It's a "wow in the world" reference. If anyone is interested just consult zootle for more.

Glad the tip helped. You can do so much with that url. I even know someone who changed the format, time, speed I think. I'm not really sure what else.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 9 Sep 2020, at 15:38, JM Casey wrote:

Thank you Sarah. Definitely more than apparent under youtube’s hood. Also zootle made me chuckle. And I’m weird so I now had to check to see if that’s a website. Nope..ah well!

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: September 8, 2020 7:04 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Entering time values on youtube website

You can actually modify the URL with I think something like t=600 for 600 seconds. If you know what you are doing, you can modify that uRL to do a lot. You will have to consult our best friend zootle (I changed the name so as not to trigger anyone's homes) and find the exact codes.

--

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

Check out my adventures with a shadow machine.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on twitch. Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 8 Sep 2020, at 13:46, JM Casey wrote:

Hello everyone. Using NVDA 2020.2, and, in this case, Chrome, my favourite browser for a ccessing youtube as it is extremely responsive to the keyboard commands.

Recently I’ve come to use youtube more than usual, and have finally taken a good amount of time to figure out how the interface actually works, how to navigate channels and the player, etc. I’ve come across some recordings that are several hours long. A cool thing is that if I exit the site for whatever reason and then come back to it, even well after the browser session is closed, my place is usually “remembered” by youtube. However, I’d like to be able to specify the time at which to start playing in presentations that are sometimes 6+ hours long. I am pretty sure this can be done, but I’m having trouble figuring out where the cursor should be positioned to enter in the vlue. I have tried switching browse mode off and being in the position where the current elapsed time fo the recording is shown, but this doesn’t seem to do the trick. I believe I understand what the format should be (hours:minutes:seconds).

Any tips?

Thanks!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.