Zoey sounds as though she's gargling a little and has stilted inflection. She sounds to me as though she is on ..."
which only goes to show that beauty or in this case audio clarity is in the eyes/ears of the beholder.

I have seen this kind of disagreement about how wonderful or terrible voices/synthesizers sound for years and I have come to the conclusion that every ear hears things differently.  With my hearing issues, I think that the Eloquence synthesizer with the male American English voices of Glenn and Reed are superior to most out there.  There are those who have voiced vehement disagreement with this analysis: and so it goes.

On 9/11/2020 10:23 AM, Gene wrote:
There is nothing wonderful about those voices.
Zoey sounds as though she's gargling a little and has stilted inflection. She sounds to me as though she is on downers.  The other voice I sampled has stilted inflection and artifacts as well.  They may be better than the Nuance voices that came before, but until these newer synthesizers sound as good as the Google Assistant or Alexa, or other such very high quality speech found in digital assistants, I'll consider them not worth using.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Josh Kennedy
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 8:39 AM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] nuance cerence neural tts for NVDA?

Hi,

Does anyone know if atguys or some other company will be selling the new Cerence vocalizer deep AI voices for NVDA? Nextup sells them for their text aloud product and they sound really good. Voices like conversational Zoey sound quite good.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.