From: Jesse Farquharson
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 9:31 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nuance cerence neural tts for NVDA?

That might be your opinion, and that's perfectly fine. But I'm sure there are others who would welcome the additions. The thing is, most of the Nuance voices NVDA uses haven't been refreshed in quite some time. In fact, since NVDA 2019.3, we have not gained voices, we have lost the ability to use many of them, because they have not been ported to Python 3. Ie DecTalk, SoftVoice, RH Voice and so on and so on.

As crazy as it sounds, there are some, such as myself, who still want to use them. They may be old, but they do have a certain... charm.

The loss of those voices is really what kept me from updating for quite some time. And I'm still a bit sore about it. I wish a greater effort had been taken to bring some of the classics along.