Re: FileZilla brings NVDA to a grinding halt

Gene

I wonder if you could slow the download speed down and if that would help. I haven't heard of really fast downloads causing the kind of problem you are describing in general, I can't test in FileZilla or elsewhere because I don't have a really fast connection. But if there is some way to slow the download speed, maybe that would solve the problem.

From: Jesse Farquharson
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 9:36 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] FileZilla brings NVDA to a grinding halt

Hello folks,

I have been trying to do some large folder transfers from FileZilla to my new machine. I noticed this on the old one, but chopped it up to the laughable specs on it. This new machine however is a complete monster, and while I'm trying to do a FileZilla transfer of 20000+ audio files, NVDA grinds to a complete stop. If I try and move around the FileZilla window, I often have to restart NVDA. Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks.