Re: nuance cerence neural tts for NVDA?

Mary Otten

Clearly, speech preference is in the ear of the beholder. But I would not pay for any of these voices. I love the idea, and I'd pay for something that made the book-reading experience or even long article reading great. But I don't see where these do any better than other voices I already have access to. And why the heck do they insist on making so few male voices anyway? All 3 U.S. English ones are female. Nuts!

Mary

On 9/11/2020 10:14 AM, Gene wrote:
The web page where you can read about the voices and find samples is:
https://nextup.com/cerence/

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Leslie
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 9:57 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] nuance cerence neural tts for NVDA?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gene
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 7:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

There is nothing wonderful about those voices.

Zoey sounds as though she's gargling a little and has stilted inflection.

She sounds to me as though she is on downers.  The other voice I sampled has

stilted inflection and artifacts as well.  They may be better than the

Nuance voices that came before, but until these newer synthesizers sound as

good as the Google Assistant or Alexa, or other such very high quality

speech found in digital assistants, I'll consider them not worth using.

From: Josh Kennedy

Where do you find them and how much are they?  I loved the nuance voices that I heard before.  I know you don’t like them, Jean, but I’d like to hear samples.  I’m one of those people who like to change voices every once in a while.  I have many voices on my phone.  They add variety as I work.Sent: Friday, September 11, 2020 8:39 AM

To: nvda@groups.io

Subject: [nvda] nuance cerence neural tts for NVDA?

Hi,

Does anyone know if atguys or some other company will be selling the new

Cerence vocalizer deep AI voices for NVDA? Nextup sells them for their text

aloud product and they sound really good. Voices like conversational Zoey

sound quite good.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10