Re: NVDA support in DOS emulators like DosBox?

Lukasz Golonka

Hello,

There is a horrible misunderstanding here. There are two programs
called Orca apparently:
- The first one (to which David linked below) is some sort of library
for performing chemical calculations and therefore is not really
interesting with regard to running screen readers under WSL.
- The second one is the screen reader called Orca (it's web page is here https://help.gnome.org/users/orca/stable/)
and AFAIK it cannot be easily started under WSL as of yet.

--
Regards
Lukasz

On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 23:52:53 +0100
"David Griffith" <daj.griffith@...> wrote:

Well Joseph
I did carefully look at the orca page before sending my Mail to make sure of my facts.
May not be understanding  the issue but they seem pretty unequivocal that Orca can run in this environment.
I quote below what they say about it.
“Note: the ORCA4 Linux shared library version should also work in the Windows 10 linux emulation environment."

From
https://sites.google.com/site/orcainputlibrary/setting-up-orca

David G.