Re: NVDA support in DOS emulators like DosBox?

Stephen

Oh Jim, Bless him.

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...>
Sent: 9/13/2020 12:28:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA support in DOS emulators like DosBox?

Hi Group,

I also would like to find  a way to renovate DOS for only one simple reason.  There were a few games: Any Night Football, Jim Kitchen's DOS baseball game (which works more smoothly than his windows port,) and World Series Baseball.

In particular, World Series Baseball was and still would be one of my favorites of any game I have played.  With this game, not only did it come with preconceived teams from baseball history like the 1927 Yankees, The 1965 Dodgers, The 1976 Reds and so on, but you could also put together your own teams and give them high or low batting averages and the pitcher could get high or low ERAs.  If you did this with various configurations, you could rig the scores and outcomes of games.  For laughs and giggle, I put together two teams: one was a group of sighted people from the local ham radio clubs.  The other team was a number of blind people I knew from the local area.  I gave the sighted team low batting averages and high ERAs.  I have the blind people high batting averages and low ERAs.  I called the ham radio people 'the Buffalo Hambones.'  I called the blind people 'The Buffalo Blinks.' It was really funny.  The blind team won the World Series four games to zero by astronomical scores like 22-0 and 17-2.  What's more, the audio output of the games as they were being played could be saved to a text file.  I actually had this 500 KB sized text file and for laughs and giggle, I sent it around to various friends of mine.  Yes the virtual play-by-play of the game. What a hoot!  It was great when my good sighted ham friend Tony struck out four times when facing the young blind lady pitcher.

Boy, I wish I could have a DOS system so I could play that game again!

On 9/12/2020 5:24 PM, blindgroupsluke@... wrote:

Hi Leslie,

Fair question. Yup, it’s an ancient and completely outdated operating system. Retro computer stuff is a hobby / fascination of mine so I wanted to poke around and see what I could do in DOS. Maybe re-live my childhood a bit, haha. In other words, just for fun and no practical reason whatsoever.

Luke