Re: NVDA support in DOS emulators like DosBox?

Luke there is talking dosbox at.

http://www.batsupport.com/unsupported/dosbox/

    In there there is a dosbox for nvda file.

It uses a file called redir to emulate things, and the nvda controler, it aint perfect but works.

The other thing you do use use a bns emulator and asap or jaws for dos inside the package.

I guess it would be nice to actually use the actual dosbox actual package with nvda though.

On 13/09/2020 8:21 am, blindgroupsluke@... wrote:

Hi folks. I’d like to use DosBox, a piece of software that emulates an MS-DOS environment. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you’re probably younger than 30. Lol.) Anyhow, DosBox simulates the text-based DOS prompt but isn’t actually a text application. As far as NVDA is concerned, the DosBox window is all graphics.

Are there any strategies for making something like this accessible for us NVDA users? I’m a developer and recently started learning Python so I can author NVDA add-ons. Could an add-on be created that monitors the DosBox screen and translates it to NVDA-readable text, perhaps employing OCR or something? If so, would anyone want to partner on such a project?

Thanks,

Luke