Re: NVDA support in DOS emulators like DosBox?

Well you technically can actually install dos 7.1 in its stripped down glory.

you can also buy drdos though why you would want to is beyond me.

However if you don't have a synth and software, forget it.

In the folder I just posted I have given you my old keynote software but the synth, well thats a hard one.

To be honest, your best bet is to run dosbox or dosemu which is quite old inside linux but thats to much effort to game to be honest.

Now if you guys, any of you have emulators I can try and see what or what doesn't work, email me off list and we can see.

On 13/09/2020 10:26 am, Luke Robinett wrote:
Hi David. Thank you for the response. Unfortunately the command prompt in windows 10 doesn’t provide a complete DOS environment. The last version of windows to support true DOS mode was windows 95, if I’m not mistaken. Some retro gamers get really hardcore and actually put together old PCs with original hardware from the 80s or 90s and then install an older operating system like DOS. I don’t think I want to go quite that far LOL so I was hoping to run one of these emulators to give me the same experience. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find any that are screen reader compatible. Some guys apparently have luck installing old versions of jaws for DOS within these emulators. I actually hunted down an old version of jaws for DOS and tried installing it within the emulator but I couldn’t get it to work, mostly because I have no idea what’s going on so I’m just typing blindly. I tried to use NVDA’s OCR feature to get a sense of what was happening but I gave up. Maybe I will give it another go later