Re: NVDA support in DOS emulators like DosBox?

Thats a point joseph, I wander what would happen if you did run dosbox or dosemu within linux, I know you can do dosemu via ssh in actual linux and it will work.

The only thing you would really need would be some emulator that either uses windows terminal or the windows console itself.

I have a few games that run in the console and look alike modern dos programs but are console apps.

I wander how hard that would be to do, run dos and 16 bit programs well emulate them but run all the output through windows console.

On 13/09/2020 10:32 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

The console itself must provide a way for NVDA to detect and announce text changes. Given the nature of emulators, this becoming real is highly unlikely.

As for WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux), a huge correction: you cannot run Orca on it (or if you can, it’ll require additional tweaking). The whole point of WSL is to make it possible for developers familiar with Linux tools to use a combination of Windows and Linux command-line tools and scripts for various tasks.

Cheers,

Joseph