Reducing the Announcement of Notifications in Thunderbird

Hans

Hi,

I have a question about Thunderbird and how NVDA will read every notification, such as downloading 1 of 1 in Inbox, or Deleted 1 of 3 in Important or what's going on with messages going into folders, right while I'm trying to listen to a message.  How do I control what is said as far as notifications go in Thunderbird, so I'm not interrupted while trying to listen to a message.  I don't want to turn off notifications in the settings preferences, where you go into Object presentation options.  There I see a check box to turn notifications on or off.  I don't want to turn notifications off, just cut down on what in hear in Thunderbird.

Thanks for any assistance in this.

Hans