Help with Google sheets

Chelsea

Hi all,

I've just become employed, and my new employer uses a calendar created
in Google sheets to assign people work. At the top is this message.

Fill in your minute availability you'd like to complete by midnight of
that day (your time) on the green row by your name. As we assign you
work you will see the assignment in the white section above the row
and the minutes will be reduced. If you don't want work on a
particular day, put 0.

So, how do I tell green from white, etc. I can only navigate the
cells, so I can get to where my name is, and see what I've filled out.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as far as settings, etc.

Thanks,
Chelsea