Re: NVDA reading names of selected files in a file list

Gene

I don't know what Windows 10 does, Windows 7 displays a status line you can read that tells you the number of files selected.

As I recall, the NVDA command to read what is selected only applies to text.

From: Janet Brandly
Sent: Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Reading names of selected files

Hello all,

I’m using the latest NVDA (not the beta) with windows 10 I’m trying to move some files from my downloads folder into my documents folder and using the shift + down-arrow keys to select them, but NVDA isn’t confirming that they’re selected when I use the “read selected text” command. Is there a better command to use to confirm that files are selected for moving, copying, ect?

Thanks,

Janet