From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2020 1:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2020.3 beta 1 is now available

As a side question, and this applies beyond the beta, but just came up when I was installing it.

When you already have an existing installed version of NVDA running, the installer tells you that it will update the existing installation (or something similar).  What I'm wondering is whether this actually means that some of the existing code is retained and added to?  A lot of installers, once they detect an existing installed version, will uninstall that version and then install the latest, and tell you so.

What is the NVDA installer actually doing in the case of an update to an existing installed version?

          ~ Oscar Wilde