Re: Navigating to a specific link when there are many on a webpage

Luke Robinett

Oh, another suggestion. If that is the only link you visit on that page, or if it’s one of only a small number of links you visit, you can press the V key on your keyboard while in browse mode to cycle through previously visited links. That might be worth a shot as well.

On Sep 17, 2020, at 9:26 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

The find command is one of the most underused and most powerful ways of web page navigation.  Often, four letters is adequate to allow you to find something on the first search or on repeating the search.

Be at the top of the page and search for what you are looking for.  For example, if the link says opinion, search for opin.  It doesn't have to be the first word or part of it.  If it is common and you will have to search many times, use a different word or part of it in the link.

If that link is the first link you have gone to in the navigation links and remains the first, you can also go to the top of the page and type v for move by visited links.

Gene

On 9/17/2020 2:50 AM, Andy Jobben wrote:
Hi there NVDA users

I'm a WordPress user and i got a queation if there is a quicker way to help me work.

Let's say you have a website with many links. All those links are a navigation and have sub link aswell. Well the thing is that i need one of the links that are almost in the middle. I can tab till my finters breaks or use the element list NVDA plus F7, But i'm curious if there is a way that i can jump to that specific link/button by making a short key or with a addon.

Hope someone can help in this.