Re: Masked URLs in E-mail messages

Gene

It might be possible, but I don't know how difficult it would be. The way a sighted person would usually see the underlying link is to hover the mouse over it. You would need something to perform that function and then to announce the link by checking the part of the screen where it appears and I don't know if it always appears in the same part.

From: Jonathan Milam
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 10:03 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Masked URLs in E-mail messages

That's correct, Gene. I was hoping that perhaps an add-on or keystroke
might be available that, when the keystroke was pressed, the URL would
appear in such a way as to allow the arrow keys to be used to validate its
legitimacy and Escape would close the dialog. This would eliminate copying
it to the clipboard, switching to a different window, pasting it and then
reading it and then closing that window and returning to the message.

Jonathan