Re: Masked URLs in E-mail messages

Gene

I just tried this in Thunderbird. Moving the mouse to the link isn't necessary. Just moving to the link when reading the message as HTML or as simple HTML, a safer way to read mail in Thunderbird, causes the status line to show the underlying link. I don't know where it might be shown in Windows Live Mail. If it is acdcessible to the screen-reader, it appears to be inconvenient to get to and I didn't see it when I looked using screen review or moving using object navigation.

From: Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 10:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Masked URLs in E-mail messages

Jonathan,

What e-mail client are you using. Generally, when one has focus on click-through text links the status bar at the bottom of the window frame will show the actual naked URL text. The problem being that it will likely be impossible to maintain focus on both things at once, which is one of the conundrums associated with using a screen reader.

~ Oscar Wilde