Re: Masked URLs in E-mail messages

Gene

I wonder if you can use the JAWS mouseover command to find and move to the line where the address is shown.  But if you are going to do that, you might as well use the context menu with the shortcut key provided, then use the read clipboard command your screen-reader provides.  They are both about as much work.

Gene

On 9/18/2020 11:28 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 12:10 PM, Gene wrote:
Does Outlook have a status line?
-
Having just checked, the answer to that is, "Yes and no."   It certainly has what I'd call a status line to let you know that send-receive is going on, whether filters are applied, whether you're connected to your server and similar.   But when reading messages it's a mouse-over pop-up box that shows the naked URL.

I also have installed the latest NVDA beta and am not certain whether I'm having an issue or not.  I could have sworn when you're reading a message in Outlook that you could use the web browsing shortcuts like U and V to go to unvisited or visited links in a message, but that's not working for me at the moment (but I could be having the proverbial "brain fart" and doing something wrong, too).

          ~ Oscar Wilde