From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet Brandly
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 10:56 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA reading names of selected files in a file list

Hello all,

I was a loyal Window-Eyes user for more than 20 years, but when it was bought out, I didn’t want anything to do with it. That’s when I switched to NVDA. So far I have been very pleased. However, I am disappointed that NVDA cannot perform this basic function. As for the add-on, as others have said, there needs to be some up-to-date supporting documentation. And, when I went to install it yesterday, I got a message indicating that it is not compatible with the newest version of NVDA. For philosophical and financial reasons, I will not use JAWS. Fortunately, at this time, selecting and manipulating files from a list is not something I have to do regularly. I will try some of the work-arounds some have mentioned; perhaps Narrator can do this?

Thanks for the comments and suggestions,

Janet