Re: NVDA and security info

Well if nvda is ok, your laptop could be the best but companies don't necessarily like you working off of a non company laptop which is not propperly handled.

On 18/09/2020 9:32 pm, Afik Souffir wrote:

The customer service manager read about NVDA and said she thinks that’s ok.

As far as I know, there IT department did a security check on the NVDA install file.

But, they said they need to check my laptop and NVDA and decide if I'll work on my laptop or there computer.

Afik.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shaun Everiss
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2020 12:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and secuirity info

Well, as far as I understand, if their it allows you to securely login to their system, all they need is install your display drivers, nvda and addons you need on the system and thats it in admin mode.

If your laptop, they may just give you remote access but you will still need nvda installed on that system.

That is assuming they don't then say nvda is not secure because it is opensource and then ask you to jaws.

On 18/09/2020 8:38 pm, Afik Souffir wrote:

Hi,

Recently I found myself on many interviews for jobs. One of the questions I have to answer is: NVDA can work on secure system?

Such, organazations, companies, and such?

I read that the answer is yes, but I would like a clear answer here.

One of the companies ask me to go to them again, with my braille display and laptop, so they can check if NVDA is secure, and how I will work, with my laptop or on there.

Thanks for any answer.

Afik.