Re: Thunderbird 78.2.2

Gene

That is performing the equivalent action of stopping repetition and causing the message body to be read.  I don't use skim mode and I don't know the specifics of what it reads with different commands.  But you are telling it to read something and that something is all or part of the message body.

I use NVDA. Yes, I do get some repititions if I press enter but if I press the up arrow key after pressing enter, I can read the entire message.

On 9/18/2020 11:35 PM, Gene wrote:
Don't you get repetition if you just press enter?  I don't use JAWS but if I press enter and do nothing else, I get a number of repetitions of the subject line.

Hi, Gene,

I have my keyboard set to skim mode so all I have to do is press the up arrow and the message is read out. I haven't had to do that too often though because most of the messages are read out once I hit the enter key.

Rosemarie

On 9/18/2020 11:14 PM, Gene wrote:
You shouldn't have to go to the top of the message.  Just press enter to open it, wait a moment, then issue the read to end command.

I'm having this problem too. I guess the only thing you can do is go to the top of the message and hit insert down-arrow to read it. I don't know of any way to turn off the extra verbage.

On 9/18/2020 5:11 PM, Don H wrote:
Finding that the latest version of Thunderbird works well with NVDA. There is a new little bit of verbage when you open a message in thundervird 78.2.2. It says property page followed by the time the message was sent. For example before the message is read I hear Property Page 6:53 pm.  Is there a way to avoid this verbage?