Re: Navigating to a specific link when there are many on a webpage

Luke Robinett

Well, it turns out I’ve been studying python and have wanted to get started authoring my first NVDA add-on. Maybe this would be a candidate for a good first project. Basically I’m thinking you could bind a custom hotkey to a link or control on a page that you want to be able to jump directly to. Thoughts on something like this?

On Sep 18, 2020, at 8:24 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 10:02 AM, Andy Jobben wrote:
I cant use the V because i sometimes use the other as well.
-
Unless you are actually visiting many links on this page, even doing a brute force traversal only of the links you've visited is faster than tabbing.  If you've only visited a few links on the page, and generally only visit a few, using a couple of hits of the V visited link command can be even faster than using screen reader find for pages you revisit on a frequent basis.

But for any page that you're new to, or newish to, using either regular browser find, screen reader find, or both is far more efficient.

          ~ Oscar Wilde