Re: NVDA and security info

Quentin Christensen

In terms of security, we do often get asked this (it's something a lot of IT managers look into for any software they install).  We've tried to put up answers to most of the common questions we get asked on our corporate / government page at https://www.nvaccess.org/corporate-government/

Basically, the only internet access NVDA uses is to check for updates, and provide some non-personal information (eg Windows version, NVDA version) - both of which are optional.  You can disable those features or even deny NVDA access to the Internet completely and it will work just fine without any issues.  The NVDA binary, the file you download, is also digitally signed by NV Access so you can confirm it is unaltered.

If a company is particularly concerned about features, NVDA has a secure mode which disables some features such as logging and so on.

If they still have any questions, they are most welcome to contact us at info@....

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 7:59 AM Afik Souffir <afik.souffir@...> wrote:

I think thats why they ask me to come again with my laptop and Braille display, to check that.

If i’ll not work on my laptop, i’ll work on there.
They are very willing to help.
Do i need to install the Braille display driver, or its automatic?

Sent from my Iphone

On 18 Sep 2020, at 22:10, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

Well if nvda is ok, your laptop could be the best but companies don't necessarily like you working off of a non company laptop which is not propperly handled.

On 18/09/2020 9:32 pm, Afik Souffir wrote:

The customer service manager read about NVDA and said she thinks that’s ok.

As far as I know, there IT department did a security check on the NVDA install file.

But, they said they need to check my laptop and NVDA and decide if I'll work on my laptop or there computer.

Afik.