Re: How has NVDA benefitted you during the pandemic

Sky Mundell

Hello. As a user of both JFW and NVDA, I’m use NVDA in my tech job and it has served me very well. Just wondering, what areas don’t work on windows 10 with JFW? Perhaps I could try them and see if it runs on my machine?

On Sep 21, 2020, at 4:10 PM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...> wrote:

Having had the opportunity to try the competition (the shark during the pademic), one really values how far NVDA has come! Always evolving; lot less light on my Laptop than the competition. All functions are available, independently of in Spanish, or english, via the AddOns, and those functions that are in NVDA’s core, which the Shark isn’t able to accomplish.
Someone who uses windows10 with the Shark, would get the false idea that windows10 is inaccessible; whereas with NVDA, one gets a totally different picture of the true accessibility of windows10, of course, in conjunction with NVDA’s Windows10 Essentials, and other AddOns that make Windows10 a joy to use!
thanks to the Zoom Enhancement AddOn, goldWave AddOn, and others, I feel as if I were using e computer at the same level as the sighted.
Keep up the great work! though I am unable at this time to donate monitarily, but by spreading the word among the Latinamerican NVDA comunity via Whatsapp, Facebook, Email and other social media, I feel I’m putting my grain of sand in making more and more people aware of what they’re losing out by not giving NVDA a chance.

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE (2nd Generation) de Telcel

El 21 sep 2020, a la(s) 4:24 p.m., Monte Single <mrsingle@...> escribió:

Hi List,

As always, nvda is my screen reader of choice.
I encourage others to add nvda to their toolkit.
Features are being added to nvda faster than I learn and use them.
I support the project  by purchasing  manuals and making donations.

Thanks,

Monte
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: September 21, 2020 1:37 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How has NVDA benefitted you during the pandemic

I am so grateful for NVDA.
Words can not express my gratitude.
Thank you for all that you do.
During this pandemic NVDA is helping me use webex to attend classes and helping me complete assignments.

It is also helping me stay in contact with friends and family.

If it were not for NVDA I would not be able to attend school right now.
Again, thank you so much.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Sunday, September 20, 2020 11:50 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] How has NVDA benefitted you during the pandemic

Hi everyone,

As this turbulent year continues, we want to hear your good news.  Please reply (or email info@...), and tell us, how has NVDA benefitted you during the pandemic?

Kind regards

Quentin.

-- 
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.