From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: September 23, 2020 5:23 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mostly used media player with NVDA

I know Winamp is widely used and is accessible. Other players are as well, but I'll let those who use them discuss them. I usually use Winamp. I'll tell you why I use Winamp in general and other list members may describe which players they like.

When using NVDA, you don't have the time marker feature JAWS incorporated for use with Winamp. But there is a utility made by the late Carlos, who is much missed, that will allow you to set time markers with any screen-reader or even without one. It is completely independent of and doesn't require a screen-reader be used.

Then, there is a plugin I use for slowing down or speeding up the speed of material. It doesn't keep the pitch constant, it slows down and speeds up speed as though you were using a variable speed control on a tape recorder or record player. That plugin is very useful to me. I digitized a lot of tapes and my tape recorder was running a little fast. I slow down the speed of the files when I play them in Winamp. They must be certain formats or the plugin doesn't work properly. I know MP3 will work, There may be others but I don't know what works and what doesn't.