Re: Slack for Windows Accessibility

AKH AKH

Hi Sylvie

Great link for screen-reader tips, thanks.

Andrew

On 24/09/2020 13:04, Sylvie Duchateau wrote:

Hello,

I use the windows Slack app every day at work and it works rather fine.

You can use f6 and shift+F6 to switch from the messages list, to the channels list or the message edit field. NVDA switches automatically in forms mode so that you can type your message, and it switches back to browse mode in other situations.

With the automatic forms mode switching you can navigate through the messages with up and down arrow keys.

Sometimes NVDA gets stuck because it cannot decide if enabling forms or browse mode, but in most situations, it works rather good.

There is a useful help for you to learn how to use Slack with a screen reader :

Use a screen reader on Slack on desktop, that provides helpful information.

Best

Sylvie