Re: NVDA Speech delay after Computer is Idle

Gene

I don't know why that is. that appears to indicate a different problem than the one I pointed to.

From: Mária Orovčíková
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2020 8:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA does not work properly

Hello again,
the thing is that it also happens when a sound is playing (for example
video or audio), it takes some time til NVDA starts working again after
not being active.
Maria

On 24. 9. 2020 14:28, Gene wrote:
If a computer has this problem, while this is unusual, in generel the problem occurs when the computer isn't used for a much shorter time, this page mauy have the solution.
https://mosen.org/soundsfrustrating/

You may want to read the article or skip to the part that discusses the specific solution I have in mind. To find the beginning of that specific section, search for
Thanks so much to

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Mária Orovčíková
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2020 7:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA does not work properly

Hello list,
I have some weird issue with NVDA.
When I do not use my laptop for a longer period of time (half an hour
and longer), but the laptop is stil on, and when I want to use it again,
I pres any key, NVdA takes quite a long time to start speaking.
I have Lenovo, Windows 10, latest NVDA version and I have screensavers,
and standby mode disabled.
Please, if anyone knows any workaround, let me know.
Thank you very much for your help.
Maria