From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hope Williamson
Sent: September 24, 2020 11:29 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mostly used media player with NVDA

I use Foobar myself. I used Winamp for a while but it didn't seem like it was going anywhere.

On 9/23/2020 8:53 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
I use winamp for a lot of things but my chip formats have not changed
in ages and ages.

There are a few things that winamp can't play but to be honest most
chip stuff I get are remakes and mashups usually in mp3 as well as
cross over chips.

I like the interface of the winamp program to.

Winamp is still aparently being developed but with its parent company
becoming shoutcast, who knows.

Its not been updated but winamp is on shoutcast's main page as a link,
so its probably a given they havn't given up on it.

However, winamp at least the version going on is wacup, or winamp
community project, which is 5.666 with extras.

To be honest though unless someone can revive, and update and add new
things to a plugins database winamp is pritty much useless.

The only reason I continue to use winamp is that I have ahd it since
2000 and have built up a stash of plugins and configurations I wanted
to use.

On 24/09/2020 11:43 am, JM Casey wrote:
I will often praise foobar for audio playback, but, old habits die
hard, and I also use winamp for most audio needs to this day.
That does sound like a good plugin, the variable pitch one...
I don't think it's enough to make anyone switch but it's worth noting
that VlC can do this natively/without plugins. Not sure if there is a
hotkey pre-set for it though like there is for the compression
feature (iE, decreasing speed without changing pitch etc).

I use VLC for video playback, and for some audio formats that Winamp
doesn't handle very well (some audio and video formats, Winamp cannot
index properly, which means you can't really fast forward or rewind
through a track)