Re: Gmail Filter Setup - Specifically, for the NVDA Group Messages

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 12:07 PM, Cristóbal wrote:
When I create a filter, I check the skip the inbox option so that the messages are sent directly to that folder/label.
-
As do I.  If I'm sending something to a specific label/folder I have no desire to have what is, for all practical intents and purposes, a second copy still resident in my Inbox.

I can envision some allowing it to "land in both" with the dedicated folder being their personal archive, but you still then have the issue of if you delete something from the inbox it's gone from all other labels it gets assigned.  The only way to nuke from the inbox and keep elsewhere is to delete the inbox label itself, leaving all others intact.

     ~ Kelley Boorn