Re: NVDA Speech delay after Computer is Idle

Betsy Grenevitch

I have no idea how to get there and this just started recently. However, it is sporadic. I left the computer on and was gone for almost three hours and it worked as soon as I touched it when I came back. It is really strange.

On 9/25/2020 10:28 AM, Chris via groups.io wrote:

Sounds like a power management issue

Possibly because  your hard drive is going to sleep, the delay may well be because you are using a mechanical HDD drive ,

Rather than a solid state SSD drive

You can prevent your hard drive going to sleep through your advanced power plan settings