Re: NVDA Speech delay after Computer is Idle

I had this weird issue happen with latest waterfox, cpu racing and the like for ages.

I suggest go through the steps from your computer manufacturer's site to perform a nondestructive reset on your ram.

I just updated firmware on windows for all the hp systems I have.

The fans raced things didn't work right, etc.

I was able to reset the unit.

Generally with a system like a desktop with only a power button, pull out the power and remove any disks, and other hardware.

Then just hold down power or reset for 5-15 seconds, then plug power and keyboard in, then turn everything on, you may have to hit enter to get it to start.

Then everything just works and you plug things in.

With laptops, pull out the battery, and hold power for 15 seconds, put battery in, plug things back in and turn on.

If sealed, do everything as above and don't remove battery.

So far the system has not gone fluffy yet.

Just make sure all drivers and firmware are updated to latest and it works.

On 26/09/2020 1:35 am, Betsy Grenevitch wrote:
This problem with NVDA began after my latest windows update. Sometimes it will happen even when I am in the middle of doing something like saving a document.

I read Jonathan's article but it is above my understanding of how to handle the situation.

On 9/24/2020 10:45 AM, Gene wrote:
I don't know why that is.  that appears to indicate a different problem than the one I pointed to.

Gene
-----Original Message----- From: Mária Orovčíková
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2020 8:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA does not work properly

Hello again,
the thing is that it also happens when a sound is playing (for example
video or audio), it takes some time til NVDA starts working again after
not being active.
Maria

On 24. 9. 2020 14:28, Gene wrote:
If a computer has this problem, while this is unusual, in generel the problem occurs when the computer isn't used for a much shorter time, this page mauy have the solution.
https://mosen.org/soundsfrustrating/

You may want to read the article or skip to the part that discusses the specific solution I have in mind.  To find the beginning of that specific section, search for
Thanks so much to

Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2020 7:00 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA does not work properly

Hello list,
I have some weird issue with NVDA.
When I do not use my laptop for a longer period of time (half an hour
and longer), but the laptop is stil on, and when I want to use it again,
I pres any key, NVdA takes quite a long time to start speaking.
I have Lenovo, Windows 10, latest NVDA version and I have screensavers,
and standby mode disabled.
Please, if anyone knows any workaround, let me know.
Thank you very much for your help.
Maria