Re: firefox and waterfox issues.

Gene

Of course, it may be something else. I don't have the technical knowledge to do more than guess.

Aside from that, I don't see anything cluttered about the Chrome interface. Browsing is browsing when you are using Browse mode or the Virtual PC Cursor, different names for the same thing. The interface is different but the only place where I find that an annoyance is when working with history. and I still haven't found a way to go back more than about a day in Chrome history. I wonder if there is some sort of inaccessible scroll icon.

From: Shaun Everiss
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 9:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] firefox and waterfox issues.

Yeah, its starting to become a thing I am jumping towards to.
Since firefox and waterfox share some features well that makes sence.
I have downgraded to 2020.8.1, but even in the 08x series the system
has been running hot with the brouser active so there could be a leak
going on.
I like classic waterfox because of its uncluttered nature, but if the
makers of this thing refuse to acknowledge that its a problem on their
end, then I am going to have to abandon noscript 5, and try to use
chrome, edge, brave or something.
I'd ideally like a firefox like classic brouser.
What I may have to do is switch back and fforth.
Right now I am running an older waterfox classic which does what I
need it to do but yeah, I am starting to get that to.
Its random, sometimes its fine then sometimes its not.
It can happen quickly or it can well happen later on and randomly.
Taking into account that I have at least 1 site I use for work which
is known to be slow and a lot slower now because it just is who knows.
Its only happening if I load several things in the same tab, any new
tabs are not effected.
At first I thought it was java or malware but its getting to crazy
now, worse its even happening on sites like blogspot where I don't
allow any scripts to execute.
I'll give those at waterfox/firefox a little more time to do something
about this but if not I am going to have to switch to chrome for my
day to day work.
Now chrome aint a bad brouser but I like a classic and uncluttered interface.
Bar the addons from electronic frontier, privacy, badger, and https
everywhere, as well as ublock, the only addon I need is the old
navigation sounds and accessible noscript addon and heck I probably
could do without that but I like control.
Point is I can't go on like this.
I have allready done a hardreset on my ram modules after a firmware
update caused some issues, and while that has sorted out some stuff,
when this goes it turns nvda into junk.
Mostly narator will come up file and closing the program works fine
but the last time this happened this morning it took out part of nvda
keyboard and I had to reboot nvda manually and then restart windows.
I have struggled through this for the last 3 days now since the update
and am just about through.

It sounds like a memory leak problem.