Introducing the Quick Dictionary add-on #addonrelease

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi all!
Friends, let me introduce you an add-on that allows you to get detailed dictionary articles for a selected word or combination of words.
Dictionary articles contain detailed information about a word, such as part of speech, gender, plural or singular, translation options, list of meanings, synonyms and detailed examples. Such information will be useful for people who are learning foreign languages, or seek to use in communication all the richness and diversity of their own language.

I have been using this add-on for a long time, but have only just finished working on it.
This is my first NVDA add-on. I studied the code of many add-ons and used in my work some solutions from such awesome add-ons as Instant Translate, Remote, Developer Kit and others.

How to use:
1. First you need to select the word you are interested in.
2. Press NVDA + D twice and listen dictionary entry.

There are other functions which can be listened to by calling a short help:
1. Switch to add-on control mode via NVDA + D.
2. Press H to listen to the help message.

The add-on also has a settings dialog.

More information can be found in the Quick Dictionary add-on repository:
https://github.com/grisov/quickDictionary

You can download this add-on here:
https://github.com/grisov/quickDictionary/releases/download/v1.0/quickDictionary-1.0.nvda-addon

I will be very glad if my add-on will be useful for someone else.
And I would be interested to hear your feedback and suggestions.

Thank you for reading this message and I wish everyone a good weekend!
Good luck to all!
Oleksandr