Re: Pronunciation of phone numbers

George McCoy

Sure thing, Brian. I wasn't looking for a short course on regular expressions. :) I'd like to handle phone numbers where the area code, excnagge and local sections are separated with dashes or spaces. The area code may or may not be enclosed in parentheses.

###-###-####

I don't expect to handle a phone number containing both spaces and dashes as separaters.

I really appreciate your help on this. I'm sure it will be of general benefit to Espeak users.

George

On 9/26/2020 10:45 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
George,

Give me a short list of examples that cover the range of formats you need for this to work with and I can tweak the regex.  Trying to explain how is not something I'm inclined to do, at least not on-group, as it's really off-topic if you get hot and heavy into regular expression syntax.

     ~ Kelley Boorn