Re: Pronunciation: Unwanted Dates

Pele,

          And if you want this to apply strictly to a digit sequence, followed by the word "Mary" and nothing else, then omit the period asterisk that I have after Mary, but keep the close parenthesis.

           As written right now, it would apply to a digit sequence of any length, followed by any word or phrase that starts with Mary.  It has the potential to capture some very odd instances were you to have a phrase in text like, "175 Mary had a little lamb,"  Though that still would end up with the phrase being pronounced as one hundred seventy five Mary had a little lamb.  I doubt the change is needed, but if you suddenly start having odd issues with phrases starting with digits and the word Mary following you may need to tweak.

     ~ Kelley Boorn