From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2020 3:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] running beta of nvda

Doesn't NVDA have an automatic bug reporting system?  I thought that is why we have that checkbox that says if you want to send info to the NVDA developers to make it better. Thought it sent back something if an error occurs or something but maybe it doesn't do that.

Roger

On 9/28/2020 4:58 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Joseph,

          The lack of detailed bug reporting is hardly limited to NVDA, and you know that as well as anyone.

           But as I've said before, and Tyler confirms in other instances (but at least where something shows up), getting error tones when there is no observable error makes it impossible for someone to even write a bug report.  What would it say, "Everything worked just fine, but I got an error tone?."  That's why the use of such when real errors have not actually occurred, or are at a level that the end user could never hope to document or influence, they're a terrible idea.

            I'd also hope that NVDA, like most modern software, includes telemetry to report "silent error" conditions.

     ~ Kelley Boorn