Pronunciation of phone numbers

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 06:23 PM, Luke Davis wrote:
Regular expressions are amazing tools
-
Indeed they are.  The sad thing is that they really are not easy to learn or understand.  Once you do they seem far more "natural" but you'll even find yourself "missing something" or "catching something you don't want" without extensive testing ahead of deployment.

I would love to know the mind that came up with regular expressions, because they're the closest things I know of to "human filtering" because you build them by thinking, very carefully, about all the alternatives and sometimes all the alternatives are huge in number, alternative forms, or both.

     ~ Kelley Boorn