Re: Vocalizer for NVDA skips first part of speech

Quentin Christensen

My first thought on the problem was the audio driver being asleep and slow to wake up, but it's interesting that it doesn't happen with OneCore.

It might be worth sharing with info@....  I'm not aware of a GitHub issue, although if it only affects Vocalizer / Eloquence, it may well be an issue with the synthesizer rather than NVDA.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 6:36 PM Daniel Gartmann <dgartmann@...> wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone experienced that using the CodeFactory Vocalizer and Eloquence add-on for NVDA, the first part of the speech gets cut off if you haven’t used the system for some seconds? This happens on my computer using NVDA 2020.3 beta 3 and Codefactory Vocalizer and Eloquence add-on version 1.9 which should be the latest version according to www.codefactoryglobal.com

This does not happen with the OneCore voices supplied with Windows10, as far as I have been able to test.

I haven’t been able to test this with earlier versions, and I don’t know if the add-on can be used in the portable version alongside an installed version in order to test this with the latest alpha version.

I don’t mind adding comments to an issue on GitHub, should such an issue already exist. I can create one as well if needed.

Kind regards

Daniel

--
Quentin Christensen