Re: Vocalizer for NVDA skips first part of speech

Gene

The work around I suggested probably won't help, based on what you say. You may want to try it, though, since it won't do any harm. Also, it would be useful to make sure enhancements for play are off. I can tell you how to check in Windows 7 but I don't know if its identical in Windows 10. If someone doesn't describe the procedure I'll do so and you can see if it allows you to find the enhancement settings.

From: Socheat Muth
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2020 7:13 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Vocalizer for NVDA skips first part of speech

I don't have any problem with Eloquence voices. But for vocalizer voices, it certainly does. And it's lag, too. Code Factory should have consider fixing this. The problem exists for a long time.

On 10/1/2020 3:36 PM, Daniel Gartmann wrote:

Hello,

Has anyone experienced that using the CodeFactory Vocalizer and Eloquence add-on for NVDA, the first part of the speech gets cut off if you haven’t used the system for some seconds? This happens on my computer using NVDA 2020.3 beta 3 and Codefactory Vocalizer and Eloquence add-on version 1.9 which should be the latest version according to www.codefactoryglobal.com

This does not happen with the OneCore voices supplied with Windows10, as far as I have been able to test.

I haven’t been able to test this with earlier versions, and I don’t know if the add-on can be used in the portable version alongside an installed version in order to test this with the latest alpha version.

I don’t mind adding comments to an issue on GitHub, should such an issue already exist. I can create one as well if needed.

Kind regards

Daniel