Re: Acer laptop has not HOME and END keys for NVDA

Luke Davis

On Fri, 2 Oct 2020, UMIT ERDEM Yigitoglu wrote:

Hello, I have the same issue. fn key works for those keys but when you try to use it with nvda it is very dificult. for example nvda + ctr + end ruquires me
to press four keys wich is not conviniet at all. is there any solution to this. the addon won't work for me because I don't have numpad iether.
If you look at emulated keys, you may find something useful to you.

NVDA+n, p, n.
Then go down to the category: Emulated system keyboard keys.
Expand that with right arrow.
Then press alt+a to add a new emulation.
It will ask you to enter the key you want to emulate. In your case you can press the key sequence for control+end, or even nvda+control+end, whatever that four key sequence is for you.
The key you entered will become a new option in the category. Move to it if you aren't already there, then press alt+a to add a gesture for it.
You can then enter a gesture to activate that key, just like any other custom gesture mapping.

Luke